1. Who was given the title of ‘Kavithilakam’ by Maharaja of Cochi ?
[b] Pandit Karuppan
[c] Kumara Guru
2. The book ‘Moksha Pradeepam’ is authored by
[a] Brahmananda Sivayogi
[b] Vaikunta Swamikal
[c] Sree Narayana Guru
3. Where is the first branch of ‘Brahma Samaj’ started in Kerala ?
4. The only one district in Kerala produce tobacco
5. On which of the following rivers is Ukai dam located ?
6. Chutak Hydro-Electric project being constructed by NHPC in Kargil is on the river
7. Considering sea transport, GPS stands for
[a] Greenwich Placement Systems
[b] Global Placement Systems
[c] German Placement Systems
[d] Global Positioning Systems
8. Anshi National Park is situated in the state of
[a] Andhra Pradesh
[d] Tamil Nadu
9. Which was the first Indian Private Airline to launch flights to China ?
[a] Sahara Airlines
[c] Kingfisher Airlines
[d] Jet Airways
10. National Research Centre for Banana is located at
11. Pagal Panthi Movement was of
12. Which among the following states of India was ruled by the Ahom dynasty ?
13. Which mountain range separates the Indo-Gangetic Plain from Deccan Plateau ?
[a] The Sahyadri
[b] The Vindhyas
[c] The Aravalli
[d] The Satpura
14. The tidal port of India
15. The Jarawas was tribal people of
[b] Andaman group of Islands
[c] Madhya Pradesh
16. Who among the Delhi Sultans was known as Lakh Baksh ?
[c] Sikandar Lodi
17. The Indian classical music work Ragdarpan was translated into Persian during the reign of
[c] Firuz Tughlaq
[d] Muhammad bin Tughlaq
18. The Indian Institute of Horticulture Research is located at which among the following ?
19. The treaty of Seaguli defined the relation of British India with which among the following neighbours ?
[d] Sri Lanka
20. The Regulation XVII passed by the British Government was related to
[a] Abolition of Slavery
[b] Suppression of Thugs
[c] Abolition of Caste System
[d] Abolition of Sati
21. The Sarabandhi Campaign of 1922 was led by
[b] C.R. Das
[c] Motilal Nehru
[d] Vallabhbhai Patel
22. Digital India Programme was launched on
23. Indian Government issued Dowry Prohibition Act in the year
24. Where was the Universal Declaration of Human Rights adopted ?
[a] New York
25. Who among the following was the Chairman of Fundamental Rights Sub-committee of Constituent Assembly ?
[a] Rajendra Prasad
[b] J.B. Kripalani
[c] B.R. Ambedkar
[d] Jawahar Lal Nehru
26. Which of the following Article empowers the President to appoint Prime Minister of India ?
[a] Article – 75
[b] Article – 76
[c] Article – 84
[d] Article – 77
27. Who among the following did not serve as the Vice-President before becoming President of India ?
[a] Dr. S. Radhakrishnan
[b] R. Venkataraman
[c] Neelam Sanjeev Reddy
[d] Dr. Zakir Hussain
28. ‘Pipavav’ in Gujarat is best known for which among the following ?
[a] India’s first ship breaking yard
[b] India’s first private port
[c] India’s first oil refinery
[d] None of the above
29. At which place Alakananda and Bhagirathi meets and take name Ganga ?
30. In which river India’s largest riverine Island Majuli is situated ?
31. Which of the following dam is not on the river Krishna ?
[a] Nagarjuna Sagar
[c] Krishnaraja Sagar
32. Maulavi Ahammadullah led the 1857 Revolt in
33. The Wahabi and Kuka movements witnessed during the Viceroyality of
[a] Lord Dalhousie
[b] Lord Curzon
[c] Lord Hardinge
[d] Lord Mayo
34. National Human Rights Commission is formed in
35. Which programme given the slogan ‘Garibi Hatao’ ?
[a] 3rd Five Year Plan
[b] 4th Five Year Plan
[c] 5th Five Year Plan
[d] 6th Five Year Plan
36. Which one of the following was launched with the objective of helping the poor in rural areas to become self employed ?
37. Which of the following is the regulator of the credit rating agencies in India ?
38. Who proposed the Preamble before the Drafting Committee of the Constitution ?
[a] B.R. Ambedkar
[b] Mahatma Gandhi
[c] Jawahar Lal Nehru
[d] B. N. Rao
39. NITI Aayog the new name of Planning Commission established in the year
40. Headquarter of Bharatiya Mahila Bank
41. Joint Military Exercise of India and Nepal
[a] Mitra Shakti
[c] Surya Kiran
42. Kirobo is the world’s first talking robot. It was developed by
43. Bhimbetka famous for Rock Shelters and Cave Painting located at
[a] Uttar Pradesh
[d] Madhya Pradesh
44. India’s Largest National Park Hemis situated in
[a] Jammu Kashmir
[b] Himachal Pradesh
45. The Union Territory that scatters in three states
[d] Dadra and Nagar Haveli
46. Who recommended formation of Unilingual State of Punjab for Punjabi speaking people ?
[a] JVP Commission
[b] Shah Commission
[c] Dhar Commission
[d] Fazal Ali Commission
47. Who among the following were popularly known as ‘Red Shirts’ ?
[a] Followers of Rani Gaidiliu
[b] Members of Forward bloc
[c] Congress Socialist
[d] Khudai Khidmatgars
48. Which of the following exercised profound influence in framing the Indian Constitution ?
[a] The Government of India Act, 1935
[b] British Constitution
[c] US Constitution
[d] Irish Constitution
49. From where was India’s Multipurpose Telecommunication Satellite INSAT-2E-launched ?
50. First Hydro-Electric Power Plant in India
51. India’s first jute mill was founded in 1854 in
52. The Governor General who brought General Service Enlistment Act
[a] Lord Canning
[b] Lord Wavell
[c] Lord Curzon
[d] Lord Lytton
53. Which of the following European officers defeated Rani Lakshmibai of Jhansi during the Revolt of 1857 ?
[a] Colonel Saunders
[b] General Hugh Rose
[c] Colin Campell
[d] James Outram
54. The most largest tribal rebellion in British India was
[a] Munda uprising
[b] Kol uprising
[c] Santhal uprising
[d] Paharia uprising
55. The world book fest of 2017 held at
56. The author of ‘The Quest For A World Without Hunger’
[a] M.S. Swaminathan
[b] Amartya Sen
[c] Jayprakash Narayan
[d] Ram Manohar Lohia
57. The cyclone that was formed in Bay of Bengal on May 2017
58. The country that handover the historical digital record ‘Monsoon Correspondence’ to India
59. The venue of the World Economic Forum - 2017
60. Shalimar Garden at Srinagar was raised by
61. Which among the following is the verb form of ‘Courage’ ?
62. Pick out the faminine word of ‘Horse’.
63. Change the sentence into indirect speech “What is your name ?” asked the policeman.
[a] The policeman asked me what my name was.
[b] The policeman asked me what was my name.
[c] The policeman asked me whether what my name is.
[d] The policeman asked me what is my name.
64. Raju has ______ motives in collecting funds for poor people.
65. We were _____ Bangalore for three years.
66. Pick out the opposite word of ‘alleviate’.
67. Choose the meaning of the idiom ‘Bone of Contention’.
[a] unexpected and unpleasant
[b] subject of dispute or quarrel
[c] with ideas too advanced
[d] zenith of anger or excitement
68. Pick out the synonym of ‘whet’.
69. The girls as well as the teacher ______ visited the orphanage.
70. Find out the adverb.
Ramu is so weak but he runs fast.
71. Let us sing a song. ______ ?
[a] doesn’t we
[b] don’t we
[c] shall we
[d] don’t us
72. ______ pen you want is out of stock.
73. Pick out the passive form of ‘Sita has bought a pen’.
[a] A pen was bought by Sita
[b] A pen is bought by Sita
[c] A pen has been bought by Sita
[d] A pen has been buying by Sita
74. Spot the one word for a person punished for the mistake of others.
75. The meaning of the phrasal verb ‘call on’.
76. Choose the correct sentence.
[a] Jeena had passed the examination in 1997.
[b] Jeena have passed the examination in 1997.
[c] Jeena passed the examination in 1997.
[d] Jeena was passed the examination in 1997.
77. ______ you touch the ceiling ?
78. Choose the correct spelling.
79. Complete the following sentence :
If you worked hard, _______ .
[a] you will pass the examination
[b] you had passed the examination
[c] you would pass the examination
[d] you would have passed the examination
83. Janaki and Janu can do a piece of work in 8 days. Janaki alone can do it in 12 days. How long would Janu take to do the same work ?
[a] 22 days
[b] 20 days
[c] 26 days
[d] 24 days
84. If 45% of the students in a school are boys and no. of girls is 1100, find out the no. of boys.
85. One sixth of a certain number decreased by 5 is equal to 2. Find the number.
87. The average of three numbers is 20. If each of these numbers is doubled, what is the average ?
88. Find the compound interest on ` 2,000 for 2 years at 15% per annum compounded annually.
89. If cost price of 25 books is equal to selling price of 20 books, then calculate the gain or loss percent.
91. If in a certain language RANGE is coded as 12345, then find the code for ANGER.
92. Which is the odd one : 8, 27, 16, 64 ?
93. It was FRIDAY on 4th December, 2015. What was the day on 4th December, 2016 ?
94. If a mirror image shows 11.15, what is the exact time ?
95. Brick : House; Protein : ______
96. If A stands for +, B stands for –, C stands for ¥, then what is the value of (10C4) A (4C4) – 6 ?
97. Pointing to a man, a woman said his mother is the only daughter of my mother. How is the woman related to the man ?
99. Arjun turned left after walking 10 m and covered a distance of 6 m, then turned right and covered a distance of 20 m. In the end, he was moving towards the west. From which direction did Arjun start his journey ?
100. Find the angle made by the minute hand in 50 minutes.